Customer Service Representative
New York, NY 10004
1. Coordinates unit call center operations and all related unit call center activities.
2. Monitors the performance of Customer Care Counselors and provides feedback and education to staff to improve performance.
3. Assists Customer Care Counselors in responding to customer inquiries regarding all programs.
4. Ensures individual and unit service level standards are met, or exceeded, staff members are appropriately trained, and processes are working to support customer needs.
5. Works with Call Center Supervisor to schedule and organize personnel to effectively monitor call center peak times and ensures the overall volume of work produced meets or exceeds quality standards, and ensure staff and self maintains updated knowledge of all programs.
6. Responds to incoming customer calls and assist enrollees in selecting a CMO and PCP, request a change in PCP, request general information about accessing services in the SCHCC program, discuss problems, resolve issues and document complaints.
7. Performs consumer outreach and education as needed.
8. Remains courteous, helpful, and sensitive to consumer needs at all times.
9. Remains unbiased and maintains consumer confidentiality.
10. Raises issues of concern and/or problems to the attention of the Call Center Manager.
11. Conducts research and follow up on problematic cases as needed.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university preferred; two years of call center experience; proven ability to supervise people, process, and technology; experience improving call center site, staff, and operation; experience in a health or social services field preferred; experience working with culturally and linguistically diverse, and disadvantaged populations in a courteous and effective manner; computer skills required; ability to quickly learn new software programs; excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment; ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously; and ability to work as a team member, as well as independently; bi-lingual capabilities a plus.