Skill 1 Information Security
Skill 2 Project Management
Skill 3 Communication and Stakeholder Engagement
The Cybersecurity Risk Analyst within the Information Security Office will be responsible for conducting in-depth risk assessments, aimed
at identifying and evaluating threats to the information assets and business processes. This role also involves ensuring that all security
measures comply with regulatory standards and developing strategies to mitigate identified risks. A significant part of the duties includes
collaborating with various teams to provide security recommendations and preparing detailed reports for stakeholders. The position demands staying current with advancements in information security, risk assessment methodologies, and regulatory frameworks to effectively apply this
knowledge in safeguarding state operations.
Risk Assessment and Analysis:
• Conduct comprehensive information security risk assessments across
• Identify, assess, and measure risks in systems, applications, technical
environments, networks, and workflows.
• Clearly document vulnerabilities, including their potential impact,
likelihood of exploitation, and affected areas.
• Prepare detailed risk assessment reports to guide management actions
on identified risks.
Risk Mitigation and Compliance:
• Compare current security measures against regulatory expectations and
assess the effectiveness of security controls.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to develop mitigation plans to reduce risks
to acceptable levels.
• Provide consultative advice for the development and implementation of
risk response plans.
• Evaluate and recommend improvements in policies, processes, and
standards to bridge security gaps.
Stakeholder Engagement and Program Development:
• Manage relationships with business partners and lead discussions on
information security risks and mitigation strategies.
• Assist in the development and deployment of training materials to
promote compliance and risk awareness.
• Contribute to the development of operational practices, procedures, and
activities supporting the Risk Management Program initiatives.
KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Strong understanding of information security principles, concepts, and
• Expertise in risk assessment processes for information technology
• Knowledge of security frameworks and standards (e.g., NIST
Cybersecurity Framework, CIS Controls)
• Knowledge of Industry Compliance Standards (e.g., HIPAA, IRS Pub1075, CMS, PCI, CJIS, Social Security Administration)
• Ability to analyze technical vulnerabilities and assess their impact on
• Ability to create comprehensive risk assessment reports and present
findings to stakeholders.
• Ability to manage risk assessment projects, set priorities, and meet
• Ability to make decisions, use discretion and display sound judgement.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to develop plans, policies, and procedures that meet regulatory
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Demonstrated experience in risk
management, including the capability to effectively document and present
risk assessment findings, proficiency in understanding and applying
information security principles, and knowledge of relevant laws, policies,
and regulations related to information security