Industry: Financial Services
Job Number: 41138
Pay Rate: 95,000
Digital Fraud Investigator - FinCEN
Responsible for investigating real-time digital financial crimes committed against the company.
- continuously work to understand and mitigate losses to ensure the highest level of loss avoidance and reduction.
- monitor and manage a variety of reports/alerts and escalate issues as warranted to management.
- process investigations that include the tasks of complying with regulatory requirements, examining detecting, and investigating digital financial crimes activity, interviewing members, and suspects, gathering evidence, and working with law enforcement.
- act independently with great latitude and is a primary liaison for the department with other channels/departments relating to internal needs/assistance.
- work with the VP, Financial Crimes & Intelligence and Risk Management Team to improve investigations, analyses and identifying control and procedural issues.
- train less seasoned Investigators and/or Investigative Analyst.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review and analyze digital activity flagged by the fraud monitoring systems to determine if further investigation or action is necessary
- Gather and analyze reports, records and information from internal and external resources to facilitate investigations
- Utilize multiple technologies and sound judgment to examine account activity and detect potentially fraudulent activity
- Correspond with internal and external entities regarding members, accounts, and transactions to validate relevant information
- Engage with other financial institutions and financial crimes units to confirm fraud, identify common suspects and emerging trends
- Recommend analytic and procedural efficiencies and improvements to the VP, Financial Crimes & Intelligence
- Identify and analyze current trends to develop preventive strategies
- Perform investigative practices (conduct interviews, compile documentation and evidence, maintain extensive notes in the Case Management System (CMS), develop initial and ongoing investigative reports in the CMS), complete accurate and timely Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs), and refer investigations to appropriate level law enforcement agency (locally, state, federal) for assistance and prosecution.
- Research, evaluate and identify control deficiencies/violations that contribute to the fraud, and make recommendations to enhance controls
- Ensure quality, uniformity, and compliance with regulations throughout the organization and adhere to standard operating procedures for the Financial Crimes & Intelligence Unit.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to recommend solutions that impact performance, risk, losses and threats to the organization
- Travel as required
- Other duties as assigned by Financial Crimes and Intelligence Unit management
Base salary targeted to $98K DOE
- MUST have a solid work experience with Zelle
- Digital financial crimes analysis and investigation experience
- BA/AS in Criminal Justice, Business, or Accounting, related field or work experience required or a combination of both
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in digital financial crimes analysis and investigation and/ or digital payment channels operations
- Industry recognized certifications, (I.e. - CFE, is a plus but not required)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Federal/State/Local criminal statutes, bank regulatory, and compliance issues
- Flexible hours as required
- The ability to maintain confidential information
Hybrid but open to full remote