Director of Accounting
Newburyport, MA 01950
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the General Accounting functions including supervising personnel in Payroll, Accounts Payable, and Accounting; maintaining appropriate controls; and ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Supervise and direct activities of General Accounting to ensure approved financial and administrative policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Maintain a current policy/procedure manual for General Accounting functions.
- Propose, develop, and implement new or modified accounting and internal control elements to enhance documentation, reporting, and or/control.
- Prepare and/or direct the preparation of interim financial statements and analytical reports. Perform or review monthly analysis of balance sheet accounts including the relationship to expense accounts.
- Participate in budgeting functions.
- Collaborate with teams for interim reporting, audit and accounting of shared services and inter-company accounting.
- Direct the year-end audit by coordinating, assigning, and/or reviewing the preparation of all audit schedules. Work with outside auditors to ensure timely, complete, and accurate audit results.
- Coordinate the maintenance of the Property, Plant, and Equipment Ledger ensuring that capitalization policies are followed and reconciliations to the General Ledger are completed regularly.
- Supervise the Accounts Payable section of the General Accounting department.
- Supervise the Payroll section in the General Accounting department.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or other related financial field
- 5+ years of related Accounting or other financial field experience