Job Number: 41226
Pay Rate: 60.00
Our client is seeking a highly motivated Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) Engineer, responsible for providing EMI/Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) system engineering design, analysis, and test support to ground combat system development programs.
ONSITE: This role may require working onsite up to 100%.
This position will require eligibility to obtain a US security clearance. (Non-US Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance).
This role is part of the Radiation Engineering group and will support electrical and mechanical architecture designs for EMI compliance and the development of technical documents related to EMI/EMC design and compliance, from component level to system level. Role will require HW and SW integration for desired EMI performance.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- 3+ years of related experience.
- Strong background with MIL-STD-461 and MIL-STD-464. Equivalent experience using commercial (CISPR) standards will be considered.
- Experience with EMI requirement derivation/decomposition/allocation.
- Must be experienced in understanding what is required in implementing EMI/EMC design philosophy to achieve EMI/EMC compliance at a system level.
- Must have strong technical writing skills for preparation of plans, reports, presentations, and Customer deliverables.
- Experience in preparing various Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3)/ Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) Data Item Description documents (DI-EMCS-8xxxx) is highly preferred.
- Meet ASR measurement requirements and be able to work inside combat vehicles, wheeled and tracked.
- Familiar with electromagnetic simulation tools (for example, FEKO)
- Self-starter, with self-motivation to learn EMI/EMC engineering skills and to overcome obstacles to get the job done within schedule and budget. Be able to work in a team environment where obtaining the willing cooperation from personnel in other organizations is key to getting the job done.
- Able to work a 9/80 work schedule as well as overtime upon request.
- Travel occasionally to work at test sites/labs, attend meetings, perform or support EMI/EMC testing.
- Capable of using a PC and standard Microsoft Office software to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Project.
- Must be able to work occasional evening and/or weekend overtime as required.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics.
- Familiar with TEMPEST standards/requirements and RED/BLACK separation desired.
- Minimum 3 years of EMI component and EMC system level test experience desired.
- Experience with the design of Nuclear Event Detector circuits.
Meet Your Recruiter