Austin, TX 73301
Assembly of electronic components, subassemblies and systems by following specific written work instructions.
1. Assembly of electronic components, assemblies, subassemblies and modules by working from samples, visual aids, prints, diagrams, written instructions and process sheets.
2. Perform mechanical assembly operations, in the building of electronic assemblies, while using standard measuring tools and techniques.
3. Able to perform electronic assembly operations such as wire termination, installation of wire harness, cable assemblies, relays, transformers, capacitors, resistors or other electronic components.
4. Fabrication of wires on a Jig Board (Harness Board) in accordance with specifications. Continuous laces, flat laces and spot ties wire into bundles and routings according to drawing requirements.
5. Prepare wires by performing the following tasks: routes, dresses, and terminates conductors to specific dimensions as specified in work instructions.
6. Pre-stage circuit card kits and form components by using machines or hand devices, which meet general requirements and Manufacturing Control Specifications (MCS).
7. Perform masking operations prior to wave soldering or coating of circuit card assemblies (CCA).
8. Cleans boards per Manufacturing Control Specifications (MCS).
9. Must pass IPC-610 and J-STD-001 as a condition of continued employment.
10. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Solder certification preferred. Should be familiar with J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610. Soldering capabilities to IPC standards. Able to identify electronic components and know how to properly orient on a circuit board according to polarity. Able to use measurement tools such as scales, micrometers and calipers. Must be able to work under a microscope. Will need to achieve specified solder certification in various assembly/soldering techniques per Company and customer standards. Computer competency and English literacy is required to ensure the candidate will be capable of following instructions/safety guidelines.