Job Number: 41391
Pay Rate: 60.00
This position will be a part of the of our Software Engineering team that is responsible for the development and support of embedded software for our ground vehicles. This role participates in activities covering the entire software development life-cycle, from requirements development to final testing and delivery of software products.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
Interface with other departments and business units, including Systems Engineering and Quality.
- Develop display software to include the graphical user interface for a wide ranging vehicle platform.
- Perform software requirements analysis.
- Develop software preliminary and detailed design utilizing software design tools as specified by department standards.
- Develop code to implement software design, code development shall conform to department standards and procedures.
- Develop test procedures and perform unit/functional test on the executable software.
- Perform hardware/software integration.
- Debug software issues discovered throughout multiple testing phases.
- Develop and maintain software in accordance with the project and department development processes.
- Release software as specified by department standards.
- Prepare status reports to management and support design/code reviews.
- Work within DOORS database to create and maintain engineering documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related technical field.
· 5-7 years related engineering experience, with strong preference for embedded software.
· Strong background in C#, C++, C Python, QT and QML
· Be comfortable supporting integration issues in a lab and on a vehicle
· Knowledge of Mil STD 1553, Ethernet and CAN data bus desired.
· Knowledge/experience with GIT, Bitbucket, and Confluence desired
· Knowledge/experience with DOORS desired.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Linux, Unix & PC experience strongly desired.
· Some travel may be required.
Additional Information / Desired Experience
- Experience using DOORS preferred.
- Able to work overtime when required
- Able to bring continuous improvement processes and methodologies to the position.
- This role is a mix of office and lab/vehicle environment where the requirement for being on site approximately 60% of time for lab/vehicle equipment access.
- This position might require eligibility to obtain a US security clearance. (Non-US Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance)
Meet Your Recruiter