Job Number: 41202
Pay Rate: 98.99
EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
The Panther Group has an immediate need for an Embedded Software Engineer in the Orlando, FL area.
Experience & Skills Required:
- The embedded software engineer will develop and maintain real-time embedded software applications. Typical applications are software products related to image processing, target detection and tracking, missile guidance/ navigation/ control algorithms, missile launchers, system control, built-in test, and system communication. Development will be in C and C++ hosted on either a PC or Unix environment and targeted for an embedded processor running either VxWorks or Integrity as the real-time operating system.
Experience and Skills Preferred:
- 1+ years of experience throughout the entire software development lifecycle including architecture, design, code implementation, integration, and test.
- Experience in technical task leadership.
- A strong background in real-time embedded software development along with demonstrated technical leadership.
- Familiar with using source code control and issue tracking tools along with using modern test tools to do unit test and static analysis.
- Able to configure and manage a continuous test environment.
- Familiarity with standard communication busses and protocols including RS-232, RS-422, MIL-STD-1553 and Ethernet.
- Familiarity with Agile development, Cyber Security, Department of Defense products, board support package and device driver development.