Manchester, NH 03130
MUST come with experience with Components/Assembly and experience with Aerospace, Defense, possible Satellite/Medical
Company is a leading global provider of specialty electronics solutions for military, space, medical and demanding industrial applications. As a single-source supplier of advanced high-reliability electronics, we process, test and distribute a wide range of products, including integrated circuit and discrete bare die, wafers and passive components, plus assemble and test standard and custom packaged devices. Company also provides a comprehensive range of services to upgrade existing mechanical components.
The Engineering Manager has overall engineering design and development responsibility for component preparation services; works closely with the leadership team to develop strategy, lead continuous improvement efforts, and manage performance standards in building a best-in-class industry operation.
Essential Skills and Responsibilities
· Provide strategic development, guidance, direction and oversight to an engineering team to plan and coordinate daily activities, and meet performance expectations. Direct, plan, and implement policies and objectives to increase operations productivity and maximize return on investments. Provide mentorship and coaching to enhance individual and organizational technical knowledge and capabilities.
· Develop and/or expand manufacturing processes and services to help the company scale and improve the overall value of the business. Meet or exceed company goals and cost objectives through management and oversight of engineering development and sustaining activities.
· Exceptional judgment and decision-making skills. Self-directed with the ability to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction. Good listener with the ability to communicate information, ideas, and feedback verbally and in writing so others clearly understand.
· Support a work environment of continuous improvement, where the fundamentals of lean manufacturing and process control are actively practiced with measurable results and sustain a culture of continue improvement through team member participation.
· Conceive, direct, plan, and implement new equipment and solder finishing processes to increase automation, productivity, and maximize return on capital investments.
· Establish manufacturing / processing design standards – ensure compliance. Create, design, & source process equipment tooling, dies, & component handling devices. Design, organize, and source robotic equipment tooling such as grippers, manifolds, & hand tools.
· Apply broad experience with manufacturing processes and controls; Demonstrate ability to architect and manage new process development / qualification activities.
· Research equipment, supplies, & technologies to evaluate best-in-class processing solutions; Research emergent semiconductor process technologies and impart into business.
· Coordinate w/ Sales, Quality, Engineering, & Production to comprehend customer make-to-order quote requests & determine ability to comply w/ customer specifications; Resolve conflicts between customer requirements and company capabilities to ensure alignment with capabilities to RFQ’ s.
· Provide applications support to customers; facilitate audits and technical exchanges with customers. Conduct product validations on custom make-to-order requirements.
· Investigate new vendors for outsourcing applications & quality and reliability testing.
· Ability to draft engineering white papers, authoritative, in-depth report(s) on industry related topics which can be utilized to advance and promote company IP / design methodologies. Participate in industry working seminars and help define industry regulations and standards.
· Security Clearance is a plus.
Education / Work Experience Desired:
· B.S. degree – materials science (i.e. metallurgy), and/or related chemistry / mechanical degree.
· Knowledge of SnPb & SAC305 solders, robotic hot solder dip processes very useful
· +10 years of experience in related semiconductor assembly and/or PCB assembly operations with demonstrated successive levels of managerial growth. Intimate knowledge of semiconductor packaging technologies.
· Working knowledge of GEIA-STD-0006, MIL-STD-883, AS9100, ISO quality standards.
· Demonstrated working knowledge and use of quality tools: DOE, PFMEA, SPC, etc.
· Working knowledge of Solidworks and/or related engineering 3D design / CAD tools.
· Senior management level experience in a low volume/high mix build to print or contract manufacturing environment.
· Managing growth in a technical environment, preferably from within the defense and aerospace industries.
· Demonstrated ability to develop constructive, long-term customer and supplier relationships.
Due to export control laws, applicants must be a US Person. EOE.
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
This is NOT a remote position
Meet Your Recruiter
Jen has more than 20 years of staffing experience, the last 10 years have been assisting some of the best engineers navigate to the next step in their career. Jen is very knowledgeable with the current job market, and prides herself on the ability to listen to both her clients and candidates to best understand what is important to them and create the perfect partnerships.
Fun Fact: Jen loves working within all areas of Engineering and is a proud mother of an Engineering Student!!