Industry: Financial Analyst
Job Number: 39449
Pay Rate: 110,000
Financial Analyst – FP&A
The Financial Analyst will assist in the planning, development, implementation and monitoring of the Firm’s financial metrics, analytics and KPIs. This includes participating in the enhancement and development of existing and future financial planning models, system implementation and improvements, and monitoring actual financial performance against plan objectives and preparation of various management reports and performance summaries. The Financial Analyst will also play a supporting role in the Firm’s strategic pricing and billing rate structure, including the support of RFP responses. This position requires demonstrated skill in quantitative financial analysis with working knowledge of general accounting principles and practices.
Skills & Competencies:
- Prepare monthly management reporting that is presented to the Senior Leadership team.
- Assist in the creation of Practice Group reporting that will be presented to the Practice Area leaders and Practice Group leaders.
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting as needed
- Prepare in-depth profitability analyses and assist in development of pricing and break-even models for new and existing business.
- Maintain billing rate structure and support strategic pricing arrangements, including modeling alternative fee arrangements, and analyzing/monitoring pricing arrangements.
- Evaluate and analyze trends, key business drivers and financial results and advise management of variances, risks, and opportunities to support decision-making.
- Support and work directly with the management team in analyses and monitoring of financial forecasts and key financial statistics / KPIs.
- Respond to special requests for financial data and analyses and for information on current and proposed projects and programs. Interpret results and format to facilitate decision making.
- Examine past and current financial and economic developments that influence the organization's spending habits, priorities and financial resources.
- Compile financial information for periodic legal industry surveys.
- Support key initiatives, projects, and ad-hoc requests within Finance (working with CFO, Controller and others Firm leaders) and across the Firm.
Qualifications & Required Experience:
- Experience in, or knowledge of, accounting and accounting principles sufficient to prepare complex and detailed financial analyses and to address a variety of firm/ department issues.
- Experience leading projects, with the ability to complete projects on-time in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong problem solving and demonstrated analytical skills that allow for interpretation of financial data into decision narratives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to respond flexibly and positively in all circumstances, and to work calmly under pressure.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion, especially with regards to sensitive or confidential organizational matters.
- Excellent computer skills and experience using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word. Must possess ability to use these tools to present data clearly and concisely.
- Knowledge and/or experience in using database query tools or business intelligence solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting. MBA or CPA preferred
- Minimum 3-6 years of Accounting and Financial Analysis experience required
- Law Firm and/or Professional Services experience strongly preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in the following software:
Targeted base salary of $100K-$120K DOE
- Working experience with a Business Intelligence tool and Elite Enterprise
- Advanced working knowledge in the Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access & Outlook)
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.