Newington, NH 03801 800
Candidate must be proficient in embedded C programming, must have low-level understanding of the inner workings of a typical microcontroller, and experienced with both bare metal (no operating system) and RTOS-based projects.
Must be able to read and interpret circuit schematics (analog and digital designs), board layouts, device datasheets, and communication protocol specifications like I2C, SPI, etc.
The Firmware Engineer is expected to deliver high quality firmware designs and implementations and related design documentation to established Plan of Work schedules.
- Desire to learn new concepts, techniques, and technologies, and embrace mentoring/training from other team members.
- Design, implement, enhance, test, and debug new features on existing firmware projects or new platforms.
- Involved in all aspects of embedded systems development: application development, low-level device drivers, unit testing on target equipment, develop test plans and related test automation scripts.
- Debug using an embedded ICE (specifying breakpoints, trace, etc.).
- Create design documents and block diagrams
- Run static analysis tools and interpret/address analysis results.
- Participate in peer code reviews.
- Background in embedded coding, debugging, and testing on 8/16/32 bit microcontrollers (for example ARM, PIC, Coldfire, TI DSPs, Cypress PSoC, etc).
- Proficient in C programming, especially for embedded targets.
- Understand and implement common communication interfaces like SPI, I2C, USB, UART, etc.
- Basic knowledge of assembly language and related concepts.
- Experience with source control tools and Eclipse IDE.
- Experience with both bare metal (no operating system) and RTOS-based projects.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and device datasheets.
- Hands-on experience with standard lab equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- BS degree in EE, CE, or related field (MS preferred).
- 1-3 years working in a firmware engineering development environment (knowledge of firmware interfaces for communications hardware a plus).
Meet Your Recruiter
Jen has more than 20 years of staffing experience, the last 10 years have been assisting some of the best engineers navigate to the next step in their career. Jen is very knowledgeable with the current job market, and prides herself on the ability to listen to both her clients and candidates to best understand what is important to them and create the perfect partnerships.
Fun Fact: Jen loves working within all areas of Engineering and is a proud mother of an Engineering Student!!