Under limited supervision, performs visual/mechanical inspections on moderate to complex components, assemblies, subassemblies and systems spares to ensure compliance to applicable quality specifications and standards.
1. Works from specifications, drawings, process sheets, engineering change orders and written and verbal instruction to inspect components subassemblies and assemblies against required quality standards (i.E., proper component orientation, masking, soldering, coating, etc.).
2. Utilizes various precision tools such as verniers, microscopes, gauges and omega meters required to perform inspections.
3. Identifies and documents defects and calculates defect rates against specified control limits. Inspects and tests components, subassemblies and assemblies after rework, modifications or repairs to verify defects have been corrected and ensure continuity to drawings, prints, etc.
4. Verifies configuration of product to ensure conformity to most recent revision.
5. Prepares various inspection and evaluation documentation and inputs data into the appropriate systems (i.E., SFDS, Lotus) for future review. Maintains required records.
6. Conducts process audits in all phases of manufacturing and inspection (i.E., calibration, materials, process sheets, etc.) to confirm processes are being accurately followed.
7. Interfaces with engineering regarding technical issues (i.E., clarification of engineering change orders) and problem resolution.
8. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Minimum skill requirements are:
Ability to read blueprints, process sheets and other related documentation used for the inspection of components, assemblies and subassemblies
. Ability to utilize various tools such as verniers, microscopes, gauges, etc.
Effective verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to meet specified certification requirements per Company and customer standards. Normally acquired through a minimum of two (2) years of in-process experience.
Current certification in IPC-A-610 preferred.