Job Number: 41027
Pay Rate: 52.46
INFORMATION SYSTEM SECURITY OFFICER (ISSO)
The Panther Group has an immediate need for a Information System Security Officer in the Merrimack, NH area.
- Responsible for supporting adherence to all aspects of a rigorous Risk Management Framework (RMF) compliance program as stipulated by NISPOM/DAAPM, JSIG, ICD 503, STIGs and associated NIST publications.
- This position will work with the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) to maintain Authority to Operate (ATO) approvals for various systems by adhering to the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- This position supports cybersecurity efforts throughout the RMF process for one or more assigned programs(s) to include the enforcement of System Security Plans, Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), assessing and auditing systems security controls.
- Because of the need for consistent, in-person collaboration and/or the requirement to perform all work onsite due to the nature of this role, it will be performed full-time on site.
Experience & Skills Required:
Experience & Skills Preferred:
- IAM Level I certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1M requirements (or ability to obtain certification within 6 months)
- High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills and adapt seamlessly to an ever-changing security environment.
- Customer focused, excellent communicator and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to interface with other IA team members, other security disciplines (industrial security, physical security, special programs security, etc.), and program personnel.
- Basic understanding of simple networks, operations systems, and computer functions.
- Coursework in a technical discipline (i.e., programming/scripting, systems administration, cybersecurity/information assurance, etc.)
- Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
- Working knowledge of information security technology
- Working knowledge of information security management and compliance
- Experience with auditing and certifying compliance of various systems (Windows, Linux, Network Devices, and peripherals).
- Experience with the preparation of Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documents and procedures
- Experience with development and delivery of IA-related briefings and training material.
- Experience with compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (Nessus, SCAP, ACAS, SCC).
- 4+ years’ experience in cybersecurity OR Bachelor's degree in CS, IT, related field.
Active Secret Clearance Required