Manuf. Engineering Manager
Chelmsford, MA 01824
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER MANAGER:
General Responsibilities and Position Overview:
Looking for a next generation leader to come in and lead our Semiconductor Manufacturing Engineering team.
- Directly manage team of 15 employees including Test Engineering team, NPI Engineering team, and Manufacturing Engineering team
- Drive continuous improvement through the real implementation of lean manufacturing and SPC
- Develop both short term (1 year) and long term (3-5 year) manufacturing engineering strategy for Brook s global manufacturing
- Own and drive Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for department including safety, quality and productivity
- Leverage data analytics to identify, prioritize, and drive root cause corrective actions
- Manage $6-8M departmental budget including new capital investments as well as full departmental P&L
The right candidate will have a high degree of freedom to drive change and create a world class operation.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Brooks Automation is a fast paced technology company that works on the cutting edge of semiconductor robotics and automation solutions. We continue to push the capabilities of robotics inside of semiconductor fabs. We are looking for someone who is excited by technology and manufacturing automation. The right candidate will have
- A deep knowledge of lean manufacturing and associated tools
- Experience implementing Statistical Process Controls (SPC). Understand both the theory and application
- Experience with machine learning and deep data analytics
- Experience managing a team of highly skilled engineers across all disciplines (mechanical, electrical, test, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively in both shop floor settings and at executive reviews
- High energy with the desire to drive change and create a world class manufacturing operation
We are looking for that rare combination of hands on doer and strategic thinker that can leverage this high visibility role into more responsibility in the future.
Preferred/Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors (advanced degree preferred) with at least 10 years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Experience in the semiconductor industry or industrial robotics (beneficial but not required)
- Experience with Safety Protocols (people and product) regarding automation and robotics
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required
Client Relationship Manager
John Sabbagh has over 10 years of recruiting experience. Starting his career as an Entry Level Recruiter at Panther, our candidates find him genuine and great resource to their career search!
Fun Fact: John is a sports fanatic, he plays in horseshoe and cornhole leagues and loves fantasy football.