Manufacturing Automation Engineer
South Royalton, VT 05068
JOB TITLE: Manufacturing Automation Engineer
REPORTS TO: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
SUMMARY: The Manufacturing Automation Engineer is responsible for the improvement of the efficiency and productivity of existing manufacturing systems and operations and to implement technological advancements in daily and new manufacturing operations and systems.
- Design, manage and implement new molding and assembly programs on time and on budged. (Value added: automation)
- Work with Sales during early stages of projects quoting value added (assembly), involvement surrounding quotation and implementation options.
- Identify, cost justify, implement and manage new manufacturing systems and equipment to improve plant productivity.
- Ongoing support to improve existing jobs.
- Provides daily trouble shooting to Mold Repair, Production, Sales and Quality Assurance regarding manufacturing problems. Also provide engineering assistance. Plan and implement dedicated business specialty manufacturing cells, i.E. Clean Room, gears, connector blocks, filter cores; to optimize expertise and efficiencies such as labor, inventory and down time.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Works with Tooling Engineers to establish satisfactory processes. Interacts with customers during mold process development.
- Works with Mold Setters, Molding Technicians, Quality, Automation and Maintenance as required.
- 5 year s experience in injection molding processing and automation; B.S. In Plastics or Mechanical Engineering, with a focus on plastics processing desirable.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge and thorough understanding of injection molding process, machines, robotics, and auxiliary equipment.
- Knowledge of ISO standards, SPC, TQM, and GMP s is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of molding automation and auxiliary equipment including robotics, control systems and material handing (raw material, WIP and Finished Product).