Manufacturing Process Engineer
Boston, MA 02210
Growing and fast pace electronics contract manufacturer is seeking a full-time, entry level Engineer to work as a Manufacturing Process Engineer responsible for establishing and evaluating the manufacturing processes. The Manufacturing Process Engineer reports to the Quality Manager and is responsible for developing and implementing optimal, cost effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards.
- Develop and maintain work instructions for the assembly process for production.
- Provide process support on manufacturing technical issues.
- Assist in product and equipment validations.
- Ensure information and documentation using in the production floor are consistently accurate and up to date.
- Ensure manufacturing floor is within ESD compliancy.
- Generate Quality Alerts and Design for Manufacturing (DFM).
- Head the New Product Introduction engineering kick off meetings.
- Manage the wiring and cabling department.
- Manage the Materials Reject Reports.
- Role of auditor for both the ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 Standards.
- Component verification and data retrieval (Bartector software).
- Light Mechanical System Build inspections.
- Occasional Quality Documentation work.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- 3+ Years of work experience in manufacturing (contract manufacturing preferred).
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including production equipment.
- Knowledge of the IPC Standards (IPC-A-610, IPC-A-600, J-STD-001).
- Knowledge of the ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 Quality Standards.
- Experience with auditing.
- Work well under pressure and in a fast pace work environment.
- Ability to multitask.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Proven decision and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills with colleagues and inter-department.
- SPC knowledge preferred.
- Familiarity with ITAR.
Position Type/Expected Hours of WorkThis is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8: 00 a.M. To 4: 30 p.M., 40 hours per week.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Authorized to work in United States without sponsorship or permit. We are ITAR registered business with guidelines of employing only US Citizens and Permanent Residents.
Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Holidays, Vacation, Sick Days, 401K, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance
$60, 000 - $80, 000