Marketing and Communications Manager
Boston, MA 02215
Our client is seeking a Marketing & Communications Manager who will serve an integral role within an evolving team. This role will focus on supporting the digital and traditional outreach efforts managing strategies to support the objectives of the organization.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Plan and manage near and long-term marketing communications initiatives at GRI that align with broader strategic marketing efforts across GRI and Northeastern.
- Manage the full lifecycle of digital and print marketing programs: website management and optimization, graphic design, email marketing, social media campaigns, SEO/SEM, as well as media/press outreach for news internal, national and international audiences.
- Develop strategic communications outreach program to support overarching initiatives and priorities
- Effectively establish and manage internal support processes and frameworks as well as manage dynamic team of MarCom student employees
- Collaborate with other internal Northeastern digital and social teams across NU colleges and institutes to ensure proper levels of collaboration and coordination of efforts.
- Monitor against established benchmarks/KPIs of digital efforts, spearheading analytics reporting, analysis and communication of implications.
- Provide hands-on deliverable support, as needed, including but not limited to content development, collateral creation, website management/maintenance, social, email, and other communications initiatives.
- Must be a strong narrator able to synthesize complex information and present it concisely to the correct audience in both written and graphic forms. Serve as the promoter for explaining the GRI s mission and how it stands apart from other institutes.
- Collaborate with GRI leadership, fellows, faculty and researchers to identify newsworthy research for dissemination, to enhance public understanding of resilience.
- Ensure communications and media are produced on time and within budget.
- Support other creative marketing and communications initiatives that promotes GRI s mission and business development goals
- The ideal candidate will be experienced in a wide range of digital areas, including social media, content marketing, community management, website design and architecture, SEO, analytics, ad serving, and CMS development.
- He/she will have the ability to understand the big picture, while managing the day-to-day implementation of the established strategies.
- The candidate will have an understanding and passion for marketing and how to apply to the overall vision.
- The Marketing & Communications Manager must be a motivated, goal-oriented team player who can thrive in a fast-paced environment, where flexibility, creativity, and resourcefulness are required for success.
- Bachelor s degree in marketing, communications or related discipline and 3-5 years experience in marketing communications functions including (not limited to) digital strategy, content marketing, digital advertising, website design, strategy and deployment, user experience and architecture, SEO strategy development; agency or consulting experience a plus.
- Must have strong writing and editing skills for a variety of marketing channels
- Must have demonstrated success in managing major strategic projects that support marketing and communications initiatives
Meet Your Recruiter
Director, Client Services
Ashley Dineen has been with The Panther Group since 2009 and has worked within many areas of the company including payroll, compliance, on-boarding, recruitment, and client management.
Ashley is a mother of two and enjoys spending time with family in her spare time.