Orlando, FL 32819
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance is required.
- Mechanical Engineer experienced in design, fabrication, assembly and test of precision fixturing, including vibration fixtures, component holding fixtures for environmental testing, some precision mechanisms and optical component fixtures.
- At a minimum, the candidate should hold a BSME from an accredited university.
- Experience should including design for mounting and alignment tolerances of mating pieces understanding geometric tolerances; a good knowledge of fabrication and inspection methods for producing these mechanical designs; and experience in assembling, aligning and testing optical systems.
- Proficiency in CREO; Excel or Mathcad;
- good communication skills; and the ability to work in a team environment is required.
- This job includes aiding in the conducting of vibration shock and temperature tests on DOD hardware in the Mechanical Test Lab.
- The candidate will work for the Structural and Environmental Labs and will work with the lab supervisor in planning work and scheduling large test programs.
- The engineering candidate will assist in reviewing test plans and support test readiness reviews.
- Assist and perform vibration and thermal surveys to support environmental stress screening tests.
- Write test reports and document test results.
General preferred skills:
Proficient with geometric tolerancing to the requirements of ASME Y14.5.
Previous experience with a solid modeler program, MathCad, computer programming a plus.
Good communication, computer (Microsoft Office), documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Client Relationship Coordinator
Marques joined The Panther Group in 2015. He developed a keen eye for talent which serves both our candidates and clients well!
Fun Fact: He is a big Boston sports fan, and is a season ticket holder for the New England Patriots.