Job Number: 41276
Pay Rate: 70.00
Must be willing to be onsite in the Detroit area 70-80% of the time. No remote work available.
About the Role:
This role will be responsible for the leadership and oversite of a programs Model Based System Engineer (MBSE) development activities and management.
Responsibilities to Anticipate/Expect:
This role will have activities with will include but not limited to:
Areas include staging Requirements, Behavior, Structure, Interfaces and Parametric elements in an MBSE tool for a program.
- Provides technical direction to MBSE Systems and Software Engineers for the execution of engineering projects within a SysML model using Cameo Enterprise Architecture tool.
- Coordinate with program office personnel in the development of proposals, scopes of work, program plans, statements of work, work breakdown structures with respect to the role of MBSE on the program to help define the program.
- Define “how” Engineering will execute all aspects of the System Engineering using MBSE to include development and review of requirements, requirements flow down, system architecture, opportunity and risk management, trade studies, technical performance measures, testing, interface control, cost control, weight management, technical program review preparation, system integration, verification, and validation.
- *Prepare appropriate plans to capture these activities which includes ownership and responsibility of MBSE staged elements
- *Support the SEM, SEIT Lead, and Chief Engineer in their role to Define and Review the Technical Product solution that resides in the MBSE
- Support and facilitate building a MBSE capability to be used across programs. Structuring and Staging the MBSE model to allow reuse of model elements on future programs, IRADs, or DE initiatives.
- Define, Develop and Manage the MBSE elements of a program into a defined SysML configuration.
Minimum Qualifications / What you must have
- Guide the program team using the MBSE model in the development of requirement decomposition for Functional and Non-functional requirements from the System Specification to the allocated baseline of HWCI and SW CSCI requirements.
- Guide the program in the use of MBSE structures for functional decomposition from System Functions to component functions. Establish the structure and staging in the model for building and linking SysML artifacts in the generation of Activity Diagrams, State Machines, Sequence Diagrams, Block Definition Diagrams (BDDs), Internal Block Diagrams (IBDs) and their associated derived requirements.
- Guide the program team in the development of MBSE interfaces and the generation of proper Data Architecture Model Libraries (DAML) and Domain Specific Data Models (DSDM) according to the Ground Combat System (GCS) Common Infrastructure Architecture (GCIA) models and documentation.
- Build and maintain MBSE-based metrics for the programs TPMs, Trades, Risks, and Design Decision Memorandums (DDMs).
- Provide program metrics on the maturation of the program MBSE environment in compliance to the contract, program’s requirements and GCIA implementation.
- Define and Stage the MBSE for consumption of program CDRLs into the SysML model as required by the contract with the goal of digitizing the engineering environment.
- Support the Digital Engineering (DE) initiative of digitally connecting tools such as Teamcenter, Cameo, MADe, Capital Harness, SLICWave, etc. for the purpose of providing a seamless integrated environment that supports a single Source of Truth initiative for all engineering products.
- Develop Style Guides for each area of the MBSE.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline. Similar technical degrees may be considered if experience aligns with this job function.
- Minimum of 9 years of related engineering experience.
- Strong Vehicle System engineering experience required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
This position requires eligibility to obtain a US security clearance. (Non-US Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance)
- The candidate will need to have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work overtime when required.
- Able to bring continuous improvement processes and methodologies to the position.
- Limited travel may be required.
Meet Your Recruiter