Job Number: 38889
Pay Rate: 100,000
The Packaging Engineer will be responsible for the mounting and characterization of interfaces of diode laser devices. You will have complete ownership of the production equipment, process control/sustaining of existing processes, supporting the development of new processes, support of maintenance for troubleshooting.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Ownership of multiple processes and tools with high complexity.
- Ability to lead small teams and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effectively plans, tracks, and completes project on-time.
- Provides results which are crucial to completion of major projects.
- Develops and implements innovative solutions to unique problems.
- Leads yield improvement, cost reduction projects and 4D/8Ds.
- Implements solutions for cost reduction and cycle time improvements.
- Responsible for improving tool uptime. Initiates and drives DOEs to completion.
- Drives R&D projects within process and equipment expertise.
- Consistently leads complex troubleshooting of equipment and process issues.
- Ability to deal with conflicts and find resolution with little supervision.
- Ability to mentor, coach and train lower lever engineers and engineering technicians.
- Ability to drive equipment upgrades with vendor support.
- Skilled communicator who consistently presents results to team and management.
- Analysis of product and process control charts to identify excursions.
- Characterization of existing and new packaging processes based on optical parameters, such as power, voltage, slow axis, smile, and critical placement accuracy, etc.
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Material Science, or Physics
- 5+ years hands on experience die bonding, wire bonding, vacuum reflow, and pick and place systems
- Prior experience in an engineering support role for manufacturing of laser products is desired.
- Prior experience with K&S wire bonders, F&K wire bonders, or SET die bonders is a plus
- Extensive experience with SAS jmp, Minitab or other statistical Software package
- Extensive knowledge of SPC / DOE/ 6 sigma / Problem Solving required (certification preferred) Proven track record of participating on and leading teams in problem resolution
- Must be able to wear a clean room gown and work in a clean room environment
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.