Principal Software Engineer
North Waltham, MA 02451
Principal Software Engineer
Company delivers world-class technology and revolutionary products to defense, security and commercial markets worldwide. Our offerings range from survivability and unmanned systems to power, controls, sensors, and transportation solutions. Customers rely on our products to increase readiness, improve mission effectiveness, streamline operations, increase situational awareness and enhance security.At Company, you'll find a dedicated and talented team of people who enjoy their work and take pride in their accomplishments. As a member of our team, you'll work with cutting-edge technology and some of the industry's most brilliant minds. We offer a comprehensive, flexible benefit package including tuition assistance and career development opportunities. If you're interested in working for a technology-driven company that is the leader in its industry, but one that maintains the fast-paced, creative environment of a start-up, then this company is the right place for you.Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, or gender identity.U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status is required.
Work in a fast-paced environment, on a leading engineering team to field the next generation robotic systems for the U.S. Military. The principal software architect will be responsible for large-scale problem solving and the advanced implementation of Robot protocols. Candidates will be able to design new subsystems for robot platforms as well as control applications for their related control stations. Tasks also include designing/developing controls/interfaces to robot payloads including pan/tilt cameras, manipulators and environmental sensors. Conduct software requirements reviews, preliminary and critical design reviews, and software acceptance reviews. Support other engineers in the use of the developed API. Participate in field data collection and experimentation, analysis, and reporting.
- B.S. In Computer Science or Computer Engineering plus 10-15 years experience
- MS in Robotics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent plus 8-10 years experience.
- 3 plus years of complex software system architecture design
- Experience designing distributed software architectures
- Experience developing C++ applications in a Linux environment
- Strong knowledge and experience with the Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Flexible, self-started, desire to solve any problem
- U.S. Citizenship
- Experience developing embedded applications for Micro Controllers
- Experience with bus protocols such as CAN, SPI, RS232, and I2C
- Experience developing C# applications in a Windows environment
- Working knowledge of C# 5.0 / .NET 4.5 or higher
- UI development
- Multi-threaded Application development
- Experience with field testing robotic systems
Jen has more than 20 years of staffing experience, the last 10 years have been assisting some of the best engineers navigate to the next step in their career. Jen is very knowledgeable with the current job market, and prides herself on the ability to listen to both her clients and candidates to best understand what is important to them and create the perfect partnerships.
Fun Fact: Jen loves working within all areas of Engineering and is a proud mother of an Engineering Student!!