Billerica, MA 01821
Process Engineer / Manufacturing
Greater Boston Area
Contract manufacturer for wire harness and cables, battery packs and electro-mechanical assemblies. This position will support battery packs and electro-mechanical assembly builds. The successful candidate will have a background in Lean manufacturing which will be leveraged to provide increased manufacturing efficiencies.
- Responsible for determining methods to increase productivity and maximize efficiency
- Identify opportunities to optimize fabrication methods, material flow and operation sequences
- Design, construct and maintain assembly and test fixtures and equipment
- Identify, qualify and execute quality improvement / cost saving initiatives
- Qualifies and/or validates manufacturing processes and equipment (IQ/OQ/PQ)
- Assist the Box Build line with developing assembly methods and work instructions.
- Lean manufacturing background (strong) with a history of hands-on manufacturing involvement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to design fixtures / tools
- Ability to learn multiple manufacturing processes
- Experienced with Solid Works
- Minimum five years of experience in a hands-on manufacturing environment
Ideal but not required skills:
- Knowledge of basic electrical circuits
- Machine shop experience
- Automotive manufacturing experience a plus
Meet Your Recruiter
Rita has 20+ years of successfully sourcing and placing top Engineering Talent in Direct Hire positions across the United States. She brings a depth of knowledge and infectious enthusiasm to each candidate and client she partners with!
FUN FACT: Rita lived for 3 years in Alexandria, Egypt and speaks three languages English, French, and Armenian.