Job Number: 39202
Pay Rate: 85,000
Ideally the candidate would have experience with fixed income products, preferably Mortgage-Backed Securities.
- Experience as a product / legal entity controller/financial reporting experience or middle office associate in a broker dealer
- Be able to effectively communicate with traders, business heads and senior management on a variety of financial matters
- Has the ability to expand and improve upon company current daily, monthly, and quarterly reporting
- Candidate should possess a college degree in Accounting or Finance
Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Work directly with the SBA product division personnel to prepare daily P/L on both open positions and executed securitized lending deals.
- Maintain inventory of positions and reconcile to both external third-party confirmations and related clearing companies
- Ensure that positions are included in firm’s risk- based haircut capital program
- Track cash activity and net margin trading with external custodian
- Reconcile repurchase/triparty agreements with external counterparties and record activity to General Ledger
- Ensure that month end positions are properly marked-to-market and properly recorded to G/L
- Prepare SBA ad hoc analyzes
Asset Backed Securities SPV division
- Worked directly with group personnel and maintain inventory of purchased loans and repurchased agreements for each securitized underwriting
- Track cash activity on purchased loans and repurchase agreement
- Ensure that month end positions are properly marked-to-market and booked to G/L
- Calculate accreted interest on outstanding loan positions
- Prepare various analyzes as requested by management
Fixed Income backup product controller
- Preform backup role for fixed income product line including daily P/L, futures and options margin usage, trading revenue analysis by trader and firm-wide; calculate firm-wide and trader daily margin calculations; reporting of excess net capital and capital haircuts by product line; reconcile trading and non-trading accounts to clearing organization.
- Perform month end futures and options P/L accounting
- Perform ad hoc analyses and other month end accounting
- Prepare monthly internal managerial financial statements by legal entity, combined and consolidated
- Assist with the preparation of audited financial statements
- Prepare various footnote disclosures for audited financial statements
- Prepare and respond to ad hoc analysis and inquiries for external auditors
- targeted base salary of $85,000 to $100,000 DOE plus discretionary annual bonus eligible.
- Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&L, Flex Spending, 401K
- Hybrid Work Schedule, NYC or Long Island and home residence remote
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.