Job Number: 39515
Pay Rate: 85,000
Senior Accountant – General Ledger
- Reconciles and analyzes various general ledger accounts.
- Resolves errors/omissions and discrepancies in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares manual journal entries as needed.
- Completes assigned recurring tasks timely and communicates delays and challenges as they arise.
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation supporting analysis and journal entries.
- Assists in financial statement preparation.
- Assists with audit requests by gathering and properly documenting support.
- Maintains a strong understanding of multi-ledger, multi-currency functions and prepares work and reconciles accounts at all levels of the general ledger (office, department, profit center, currency, and book).
- Strong understanding of sub-ledger functions and their effect on financial reporting.
- Resolves problems with minimal guidance and supervision from management.
- Assists with special projects on an as needed basis.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of advanced accounting skills.
- Strong knowledge of Excel (e.g. conditional functions, pivot tables, appropriate data formatting/cleaning techniques).
- Experience with ERP accounting systems.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team.
- Ability to use discretion and exercise independent and sound judgment.
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion in handling sensitive information.
- Maintains knowledge of current technologies, relevant industry direction(s), and best practices.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
Hybrid position with a targeted salary of $85,000 to $95,000
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in Accounting
- Minimum five years of accounting related experience
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.