● Support and drive organizational development and culture change to lift up to our clien key values and principles, uniting the ideals of all business lines and initiatives.
● Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all clients and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of each.
● Provide leadership to executive office, program, and operations teams, ensuring the timeline execution of key deliverables.
● Serve as an advisor and thought partner to the Leadership Team on programmatic and administrative strategies and decisions.
● Strengthen the effectiveness and impact of our clients work by creating and
implementing planning, project management, and operational systems that can be leveraged and replicated as needed.
● Identify ways for our Client to leverage team strengths, take advantage of new
opportunities, and/or to address organizational challenges.
● Encourage effective cross-organization and client communication by designing systemsand schedules that foster effective connections, facilitate key collaborations, and support strong alignment and integration of work plans, calendars, and strategies.
Client and Project Management
● Oversee management of client budgets to ensure effective and compliant use of grant and contract funds.
● Lead and manage all program staff, contractors, and partners to:
o Maintain consistent understanding of project status and deliverables
o Develop curriculum, tools, and training that meet cost guidelines
o Increase key impact measurements
o Develop and execute new initiatives and support existing initiatives that fill gaps, align with partner needs and organizational strengths and values, and grow clients’ footprint and influence in the field.
o Direct budget development for new programs and renewals.
● Build, manage, and enhance strategic relationships with external organizations, fostering a network of partners to support a nationwide cradle-to-career movement.
● Structure and lead teams to deliver outstanding products to meet clients’ needs.
● Represent our client and their clients in industry-group conferences, professional associations, and other public venues, with the goal of forging and furthering partnerships.
● Ensure clients and partners have the strategies, expertise, and support necessary to grow their impact and their presence in their region.
● Work closely with public policy organizations and elected officials on the national, state, and local level to push forward organizational priorities.
Communications and Thought Leadership
● Work with communications teams, and client organizations, to ensure
consistent, cohesive, professional communications.
● Increase visibility of our Client and their clients among media, donors, community-based organizations, corporations, foundations, and legislators.
● Establish clients as trusted expert voices in their respective communities/industries.
● Develop the systems and strategies to identify and elevate powerful stories from clients’communities that can help educate and inspire external stakeholders and potential partners.
● Manage the conversion of clients' programmatic and research insights into compelling communications tailored to diverse audiences throughout the country.
Research & Policy Development
● Develop policy and program design recommendations on core issue areas and generate ideas for new policy areas that promise to improve social mobility
● Identify and assess emerging policy and research gaps in the field and potential innovations and opportunities for clients
● Design, manage, and oversee all policy and research projects needed to advance client agendas, including the development of program databases, surveys, and reports
● Work with the client networks to translate academic research into policy briefs and other materials intended for non‐academic audiences
● Oversee and manage the development and implementation of program data evaluations,tools, and systems to collect, analyze, and interpret continuous learning and quality improvement efforts
● Support program directors with tools and information required to successfully lead their respective programs
● Manage, motivate, and coach client assigned team members.
● Develop and maintain relationships with external research organizations, universities, and governmental entities focused on research and policy analysis
● Identify policy developments that should be shared with client stakeholders and collaborate with the advocacy and engagement teams to share these developments
● Oversee the day-to-day operations of all client research and policy deliverables and assess and report progress in meeting objectives
● Ensure that all client communications, advocacy, and policy work are grounded in sound research and data
● Contribute to the design and maintenance of an effective knowledge management system that supports knowledge sharing across client staff
● Represent clients in external research presentations, including to government,
advocacy organizations, and at major conferences
● 10+ years of professional experience, with 3-5 years’ experience serving as a leader in a mission-driven organization.
● Master’s degree desired. 4 year degree or rigorous program of study in related field required.
● Previous nonprofit consulting or nonprofit leadership experience serving diverse missions is desired.
● Must be familiar with timekeeping and billable hours management (consulting)
● Understanding of nonprofit organizations, workforce development, and intersectionality with college/high school pipeline.
● Understanding of first generation, inequality, and barriers to economic mobility by American demographic segments.
● Experience and understanding of college access and workforce/future of work policy and program implementation.
● Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and lead major initiatives (programs and partnerships).
● Proven experience as program director or other managerial position and thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods.
● Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, with demonstrated success creating and
implementing plans in high-growth, dynamic environments.
● Ability to synthesize complex, messy issues into tightly defined problems.
● High level of interpersonal skills, with a track record of building strong relationships with a diverse group of individuals at all levels.
● Creative and innovative mindset, with an eye toward opportunities for collaboration.
● Experience serving as a thought leader on behalf of an organization.
● Excellent and effective communication skills, including the ability to organize facts and present information and figures in a clear, concise, and logical manner, both orally and in writing.