Senior Electrical Engineer
North Waltham, MA 02451
Company delivers world-class technology and revolutionary products to defense, security and commercial markets worldwide. Our offerings range from survivability and unmanned systems to power, controls, sensors, and transportation solutions. Customers rely on our products to increase readiness, improve mission effectiveness, streamline operations, increase situational awareness and enhance security.
U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status is required.
Work in a fast-paced environment, participating and leading engineering teams designing the next generation robotic systems for the U.S. Military. The senior electrical engineer will be responsible for large-scale problem solving under general supervision. Candidates should be able to architect and design new systems / sub-systems for robot platforms as well as the associated control stations. A solid background in electrical engineering, including analog / digital / mixed-signal circuit design and cable design experience is required. Solid engineering problem solving, experience with safety critical and/or fault tolerance designs, and experience with hazard, failure, risk analyses (i.E. FMEA, FTA, etc.) are required. High speed, power electronics, motor controller, HDL, and RF design experience is a plus.
Tasks may include support of existing systems, system architecture development, PCB design, cable design, or associated documentation tasks. Activities may range from development of a new system to integration of a new or existing payload on an existing system. Senior electrical engineers frequently develop requirements, test plans, and perform testing. Participate in field data collection and experimentation, analysis, and reporting. Works directly with engineers in other disciplines. May provide work leadership and training to lower level professional and technical staff. Some (< 15%) travel to customer sites may be required to support meetings, testing and repair activities.
- B.S. In Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering plus 5-7 years experience. M.S. In Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering Preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Electrical Engineering
- Analog, digital, and mixed signal circuit design
- Power electronics design experience
- PCB design experience
- Experience with safety critical and/or fault tolerance design
- Experience with hazard, failure, risk analyses (i.E. FMEA, FTA, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with DOD, SAE, IEEE, and/or IPC standards
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Flexible, self-started, desire to solve any problem
- Prior work in the field of robotics
- Experience with bus protocols such as CAN, SPI, RS232, I2C, USB, & Ethernet
- High speed digital design experience
- Motor controller design experience
- RF design experience
- HDL development
- Working knowledge of C / C++, & Visual C#
- Experience with field testing robotic systems