Senior Software Engineer
North Waltham, MA 02451
Senior Software Engineer
Company delivers world-class technology and revolutionary products to defense, security and commercial markets worldwide. Our offerings range from survivability and unmanned systems to power, controls, sensors, and transportation solutions. Customers rely on our products to increase readiness, improve mission effectiveness, streamline operations, increase situational awareness and enhance security. U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status is required.
Company is looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer in the fast-paced, high-tech field of robotics. The Senior SWE will participate in designing and fielding innovative products for the U.S. Military on a multi-disciplinary team of cutting-edge engineers. The team member will be involved in all aspects of product lifecycle from concept generation to final product fielding.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, on a leading engineering team to field the next generation robotic systems for the U.S. Military
- The senior software engineer will be responsible for large-scale problem solving and the advanced implementation of Robot protocols
- Conduct software requirements reviews, preliminary and critical design reviews, and software acceptance reviews
- Participate in the development of autonomous behaviors for ground robots
- Participate in all phases of robotics software development
- Participate in field data collection and experimentation, analysis, and reporting
- B.S. In Computer Science or Computer Engineering plus 5-7 years experience
- MS in Robotics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent plus 3-5 years experience.
- Experience developing C++ applications in a Linux environment
- Experience working with autonomous systems
- Strong knowledge and experience with the Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Flexible, self-started, desire to solve any problem
- UI development
- Experience developing autonomous behaviors such as Leader Follower, Follow Me Waypoint Navigation, and GPS-Denied Navigation
- Localization using sensors such as 3D Lidar, Visual Sensors, EKF, Odometry
- Multi-threaded Application development
- Experience working with Distributed Architectur
Jen has more than 20 years of staffing experience, the last 10 years have been assisting some of the best engineers navigate to the next step in their career. Jen is very knowledgeable with the current job market, and prides herself on the ability to listen to both her clients and candidates to best understand what is important to them and create the perfect partnerships.
Fun Fact: Jen loves working within all areas of Engineering and is a proud mother of an Engineering Student!!