Job Number: 41407
Pay Rate: 47.00
About the Role:
The Software Configuration Engineer will participate in activities involving the building and configuration management of ground combat vehicle software. Software Configuration Management (SCM) is responsible for ensuring that software changes are properly implemented, no problems are introduced as a result of the build and release process, that documentation for each change is properly created or updated and software configuration control is maintained.
Hybrid/Onsite: Due to the nature of the work, this role may require on-site presence up to 90%.
Responsibilities to Anticipate for this role:
- Performing review of software build requests and build instructions
- Developing and maintaining software build scripts
- Following build documentation to create formal software products
- Working alongside developers to identify and diagnose build issues
- Generating software release media
- Performing configuration management audits and evaluations to verify all software items and builds are correctly stored and documented
- Establishing and maintaining an SCM library/repository for software build product baselines
- Proposing and/or participating in process improvement initiatives related to SCM activities
- Participating in or supporting certification audits as they relate to SCM processes
- Preparing status reports for management
- Interfacing with other departments and business units
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Additional Information / Desired Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical field
- 2 - 5 years of related engineering experience preferred
- Strong background in configuration management software (GIT, Bit Bucket, JIRA, SVN)
- Strong background in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Experience in development piplines and/or Dev Sec Ops
- Experience in Linux shell scripting
- Be comfortable supporting integration issue resolution in a lab environment
- Linux, Unix & PC experience
- Detail oriented mindset
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to work occasional evening and/or weekend overtime as required
- Work environment is roughly 70% in office and 30% in a laboratory
Meet Your Recruiter