Sr Project Manager
Topeka, KS 66619
- Serve as the central point of contact and primary interface for all project related issues
- Lead and manage Project Management Office (PMO) for the Kansas Child Support Services System (KSCSS) modernization project.
- Develop and execute project governance for the KSCSS modernization project
- Organize, manage, and control all aspects of the design, development and implementation (DDI) effort.
- Primary day-to-day responsibility for KSCSS modernization project management including the DDI and Quality Assurance Contractors activities.
- Perform all project management functions to including work breakdown and cost estimation, scheduling, monitoring and tracking of technical progress against the defined timetables and budgets, and staff assignment and development
- Supervise and manage all staff assigned to the project, assigns and directs their activities Manage activities of subcontractors utilized to deliver the technical solution
- Develop performance goals and objectives for the project and staff, and monitor the achievement of those goals
- Ensures projects are aligned with Company vision, mission, and values (i.E., profit, performance and fun).
- Implements business and client improvement plans as identified by the director or office of quality management, including client satisfaction and retention
- Ensure compliance with all applicable requirements of the contract, state and federal regulations, and the terms and conditions of the RFP and proposal
- Ensure that all appropriate costs are included in quarterly forecasts and submitted for billing in a timely manner, and that the project meets its financial goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor s degree from an accredited college or university in related field, combination of education and experience may be substituted. Master degree preferred
- PMP certification required
- Six Sigma certification preferred
- Child Support Enforcement experience and knowledge preferred
- Minimum of twelve (10) years experience delivering consultative and/or analytic services to government human services, child support enforcement, health and/or workforce organizations
- Minimum of seven (7) years direct experience managing and developing staff and/or directly managing projects
- Minimum of five (5) years direct experience with managing the design, development, implementation and/or transfer of a large scale systems for public sector. Experience with Child Support Enforcement system implementation or transfer preferred
- Experience with Child Support Enforcement system certification preferred
- Experience with systems analysis, design, architecture, and development required
- Experience with systems development and implementation in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment preferred
- Agile system development experience preferred
- Expertise with Microsoft Project required
- Deep experience developing and writing solutions for proposals as well as designing the staffing and developing the budgetary components
- Experience in balancing tactical staffing issues with an appreciation for employee career development
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills, as well as an understanding of client relationship building are essential
- Excellent verbal and writing skills and be comfortable working with customers
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to oversee multiple managers and their teams in performing their responsibilities
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Ability to execute many complex tasks simultaneously, and work as a team member as well as independently
- Full-time onsite work in Topeka KS for the duration of the KSCSS modernization project required
Manager, Strategic Accounts
James has been going the extra mile for both candidates and clients since joining The Panther Group in 2009. When not at work, he spends his time having adventures with his two sons.
Fun Fact: James once had to shave his head when he lost a wager with a former Panther colleague that the Bruins would beat the Canadians in the playoffs.