Sterling Heights, MI 48312
- Sr. Designer to support program initiatives.
- Creates innovative and practical mechanical and electromechanical concepts and designs for components, assemblies, tools, and products of varying complexity.
- Works closely with engineering, vendors, manufacturing, quality, and customers on design specifications.
- Ensures designs are free of layout process defects.
- May assist engineers with defining design standards and configurations.
- Applies Computer Aided Design (CAD) methodologies, theories, and techniques.
- Reviews various completed engineering documents to ensure compliance with engineering and military standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensions.
- Provides expert technical consultation to the division and customer community relative to comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of design.
- Positions to be located in Sterling Heights, MI (preferred) or Phoenix, AZ.
- Skills Required:
- Develops highly innovative concepts that satisfy functional and operational requirements for existing product lines and new product development programs.
- Ensures that CAD models can easily transition to modeling and simulation software.
- Prepares the most complex design layouts, schematics or sketches (including test plans, procedures, or specifications) of functional systems to satisfy system and integration requirements within cost and producibility constraints.
- Prepares drawing packages to BAE standards and procedures as well as military or equivalent ASME standards.
- Checks completed layouts, drawings, test plans, test reports, procedures, and change history documentation (e.G., engineering change notices) for clarity, completeness, conformance to engineering, military, and industrial standards, procedures, specifications, and codes, and ensures accuracy of calculations and dimensions.
- Coordinates closely with systems engineers to ensure designs satisfy contractual requirements.
- Evaluates completed drawings, specifications, and procedures for producibility and viability of design, appropriateness of tolerances, fits, finishes, materials, and validates integration of equipment.
- Proficient in tolerance analysis and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Proficient in use of applicable CAD equipment and drafting techniques including 3D modeling and manipulation of files.
- Comprehensive knowledge of military drawings and specifications, and applicable MILSPEC/STD's.
- Comprehensive product line knowledge at the component, subsystem, and system levels.
- Comprehensive knowledge of production methods and understanding of human factors.
- Ability to take and follow directives and work independently.
- A strong knowledge of production methods and understanding of human factors.
Experience Required: Minimum 9 years of design/drafting experience using Pro-E/Creo 4 CAD system.
Experience Preferred: Experience with relevant applications in a defense environment. Education Required: Associate Degree with emphasis in engineering drafting/design or an equivalent combination of training and experience; plus a minimum of nine additional years drafting and design experience, including five years of advanced design concepts and applications.
Client Relationship Coordinator
Marques joined The Panther Group in 2015. He developed a keen eye for talent which serves both our candidates and clients well!
Fun Fact: He is a big Boston sports fan, and is a season ticket holder for the New England Patriots.