Industry: Software Developer
Job Number: 40617
Pay Rate: 135,000
Sr. Software Developer
Princeton, NJ (Remote Acceptable if in EST time zone)
Seeking a Sr. Software Developers who can use the right tools to find the best solutions to problems. We embrace the Agile methodology and as part of a scrum team you will play an important role in all aspects of product development--design, development, integration, and testing.
- Develop well designed, testable, and efficient code according to specifications.
- Write functional and unit test code to automatically test key parts of the system.
- Implement software solutions per product requirements.
- Work closely with test engineers to review requirements, system designs and plan for both manual and automated testing.
- Provide on-call support for cloud-deployed services as part of a DevOps team.
- Investigate field issues, support production systems and diagnose root cause of defects/issues.
- Collaborate within and outside your Scrum team in a resourceful and flexible manner.
You must have:
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Five plus years of experience in the computing industry.
- Strong Java development skills with at least three years of experience.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Ability to support a SaaS environment to meet service objectives.
- Experience developing serverless solutions in AWS Cloud.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work well in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- An aptitude for analytical problem solving.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Three to five years of experience with SCM and CI/CD tools such as GIT, Gerrit, BitBucket or Jenkins
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Terraform.
- Two to three years of Containerization experience with Docker.
- Experience developing and deploying RESTful web services.
Highly desired and given preference:
- Experience with Python, Groovy, or Perl scripting.
- Experience with build tools such as Gradle or Maven.
- Experience with ALM tools such as Confluence or JIRA.
- Experience with databases such DynamoDB, MemcacheDB, or Redis.
- Experience with Protocol Buffers and Parquet.
- Experience with a repository manager such as JFrog Artifactory.
- Experience with data analytics.
- Experience in Linux environment.
- Experience with shell scripting, and using utilities like SED, AWK, etc.
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS or GCP.
- Cable or Satellite industry knowledge is a plus.
Base salary to $135K DOE