System & Environmental Test Senior
Sterling Heights, MI 48310
- Coordinate Home office support activities with field test sites on programs.
- Manage short term and long range planning for implementation of any test program objectives, costs and manpower requirements needed to meet contractual performance schedules.
- Develop/Update Vehicle Configuration Matrix for each variant
- Working Knowledge of Data Acquisition systems and Instrumentation devices for full vehicle testing
- Coordinate/perform environmental test activities for Engineering, Qualification, First Article and Control Test in-house.
- Assist in Failure Analysis as needed in-house/follow up at the vendor.
- Review/develop and approve test plans, test reports, Failure analysis reports.
- Evaluate/analyze test results.
- Review impact on engineering change requests relative to verification test adequacy.
- Prepare weekly status reports
- Bachelors degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering; other technical degrees will be considered with relevant experience.
- Related experience working with electrical circuits and/or mechanical design and reading of schematic diagrams/drawings on military platforms.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot electrical/electronic circuits and perform failure analysis as needed.
- Must have the ability to design mechanical fixtures and testing apparatuses.
- Systems Engineering/ Integrated Product Development process knowledge preferred.
- Familiar with military standard specifications: MIL-STD-810, MIL-HDBK-310, MIL-STD-961.
- Good knowledge of various test equipment and test measurement methods and environmental exposure methods.
- Understanding of digital electronics, automatic test equipment and software.
- Personal computer skills: MS Office Suite required. Lab View, Matlab, EVMS, ProE, Team Center preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills desired for execution of presentations and briefings.
- Must be able to obtain a secret clearance, when required.
- Ability to meet ASR requirements in order to work in/on various vehicles.
- Occasional travel required.
- Must be able to work in office and laboratory environment with some shop and factory exposure.
Aaron Smiles - Aaron joined our National Engineering Recruiting team in 2018. Aaron has a passion for candidates and partnering with them to find their perfect new job! Previously Aaron worked as a Tennis Professional and Program Manager at a local health club.
Fun fact about Aaron: Larry Bird patted him on the head when he was a baby.