As a Spectrum Communications Systems Engineer you will:
-Determine the performance of Radio Frequency (RF) communication links and create link budgets using analyticalmethods or by applying analysis and simulation tools.
-Perform Radio Frequency interference and compatibility analysis for Space based communication systems.-
-Perform spectrum management & coordination tasks for RF systems and interface with other NASA centers and federalagencies to resolve spectrum issues.
- Perform data reductions, analyze, and document results for presentation to customers.
-High knowledge of digital communications, RF system analysis, FEC coding, and communications engineering.
- In depth understanding of communication systems such as phase modulation, spread spectrum, signal detection, signaland interference analysis, baseband filtering, data formatting etc.
-Knowledge of spectrum regulations, regulatory approval process, radio frequency compatibility/interference assessment.
- Familiar with antennas, antenna polarization, power spectral density & spectral roll-off, power flux density, noise densityand CCSDS standards.
- Familiar with analysis software such as Matlab and Simulink.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering school and a minimum 14 years of direct RF Communication Analysis experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and 12 years of direct RF Communication Analysis experience, or a Ph.D. Degree and 9 years of direct RF Communication Analysis experience.
-Working knowledge of digital communications, RF system analysis, FEC coding, and communications engineering.
- In depth understanding of communication systems such as phase modulation, spread spectrum, signal detection, signal and interference analysis, baseband filtering, and data formatting.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills along with the ability to work in a team environment.