Fort Walton, FL 32458
- Responsible for becoming knowledgeable of and fully understanding the requirements, specifications, and customer s expectations of a stabilized pointing and tracking system.
- Responsible for directing the technical activities of electrical, mechanical, and software engineers to develop and deliver a stabilized pointing and tracking system that fully meets the system requirements and customer s expectations.
- Lead the development of a prototype system to retire key development risks.
- May use computer-aided design or other engineering/analysis software in the performance of assignments.
- Responsible for completion of activities on time and budget
- Mentor and coach other engineers.
- Perform critical trade studies
- Ability to lead major problem resolution efforts and support regaining or attaining customer confidence.
- Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel.
- Responsibilities include architectural design, requirements engineering, SE documentation, risk management, and verification and validation.
- Support acquisition of hardware and software (or subcontractor services as needed).
- Study alternative concepts and use of simulations to predict system performance.
- Enforce the systems engineering process and integrate into program plans.
- Responsible for leading group of engineers on a technical activity and completion of activity on time and budget.
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments.
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Drive the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements.
- Participate in the preparation of highly technical proposals.
- Support, communicate, reinforce, and defeend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
- Bachelor Degree (M.S. Or PhD preferred) in Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent, with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Must possess excellent analytical and communication skills, written and verbal
- Must possess or have ability to obtain or reactivate a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance.
- Knowledge of precision-stabilized pointing and tracking systems, with experience in the development of feedback control laws.
- Familiarity with linear and non-linear systems, power spectral densities, disturbance rejection, inertial measurement units, Matlab, and Simulink.
- Experience in optics, detection, recognition, identification, and tracking is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products including Visio.
Aaron Smiles - Aaron joined our National Engineering Recruiting team in 2018. Aaron has a passion for candidates and partnering with them to find their perfect new job! Previously Aaron worked as a Tennis Professional and Program Manager at a local health club.
Fun fact about Aaron: Larry Bird patted him on the head when he was a baby.