Systems Safety Engineer
Westminster, MD 21157
- Contract to Hire: 5 years+ Experience
- The successful candidate will design and develop safety critical software applications and infrastructure for ground/air robotic systems.
- The work will entail everything from first concepts, to the development, integration, test and deployment of such systems.
- Applications may range from semi-autonomous to fully autonomous capabilities leveraging the latest in hardware and software advancements (including Machine Learning / AI environments & tools).
- You will collaborate closely with other disciplines on the team that are highly creative and dynamic.
- Design, develop, document and debug safety critical software
- Support all phases of the software development lifecycle with a focus on relevant documentation for r safety critical software development
- Perform static analysis, unit testing and system testing with a goal of achieving 100% branch condition coverage for target application
- Ensure documented traceability from requirements through test cases
- BS degree in related technical field and 7+ years prior relevant experience fewer years required with an advanced degree
- Strong experience in safety critical software system engineering
- Hands on experience with serial and network protocols such as RS-232/422, CAN, TCP/IP, UDP/IPDemonstrated verbal and written skills and proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Able to travel as needed
- Individual contributor with strong ability to work in multi-disciplinary team
- Experience with automated unit test and test driven development concepts, tools, and languagesLinux driver development
- Familiarity of developing safety critical software
- Experience with network and protocol test tools such as CANoe, CANalyzer, WireShark
- Experience with one or more RTOS (Linux, QNX, VxWorks)Experience with OSEK-compliant embedded RTOS or similar
- Experience developing software that is compliant to safety standards such as MIL-882e and/or ISO 26262
- Experience performing static and dynamic code analysis
- Familiarity with UML, SysML, and Model-Based Systems engineering
- Experience using the UNITY simulation engine
- Familiarity with Atlassian development tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)MATLAB & Simulink
Aaron Smiles - Aaron joined our National Engineering Recruiting team in 2018. Aaron has a passion for candidates and partnering with them to find their perfect new job! Previously Aaron worked as a Tennis Professional and Program Manager at a local health club.
Fun fact about Aaron: Larry Bird patted him on the head when he was a baby.