Job Number: 41233
Team Lead, Card Services
The Credit Card lead is responsible for assisting overseeing the daily operations of the department, focusing on member service standards, meeting organizational goals, and maintaining positive and professional relationships with members, peers, staff, and vendors. Will develop and implement new plans and procedures to enhance operating efficiency and be responsible for assisting in short-term and long-term service delivery and business objectives for the department. The department functions consist of all Debit Card and Credit Card programs including claims, escalated disputes, settlement of transactions and managing rule platforms.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for planning, organizing, managing, and overseeing the daily activities of the debit and credit card operations, including delegating work and directing staff in duties and responsibilities. Serves as backup support for staff as needed.
- Oversees debit card disputes and reconciliation.
- Advise of potential legal issues and/or credit union risk exposure.
- Manage, assign, and QA service tickets or events.
- Monitor the flow of the various work queues and channels.
- Fosters team culture within the department by providing open lines of communication and cooperation between all areas.
- Reviews Plastic & Paper inventory for all card services products.
- Conducts escalated research and adjusts accounts expeditiously as needed.
- Working knowledge of network-supported changes and industry requirements.
- Evaluate current departmental policies and procedures, implement changes as needed to ensure efficient workflow with ongoing compliance to assure quality member service.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and respond to escalated inquiries, requests, and member/regulatory complaints.
- Ensure compliance with all state, federal and NCUA regulations and laws. Maintain sensitive and confidential information; exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with highly sensitive, complex, and confidential issues and situations.
- Ensures daily deadlines are met by identifying out of balance conditions and other exceptions to processing including GL reconciliations.
- Schedule regular staff meetings, encourage staff development and ongoing support for talent management in the assigned area by providing one on one coaching, cross-training programs where possible and guidance to staff to enable them to achieve extraordinary performance. Hires, supervises, coaches, develops and regularly reviews the performance of direct reports to ensure assigned areas are operating efficiently and reliably.
- Assist in employee overall performance, monitor attendance and punctuality including performance evaluations goals & objectives.
- Provide monthly detailed departmental activity report, staff productivity against goals and SLAs.
- Verify and ensure all time off requests are approved and all hours are correct and properly coded in ADP including employee overall performance and annual appraisals.
- Serve on committees and partner across the organization to implement improvements in processes
- Perform other related duties as requested and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent working experience.
- 5+ years of experience working in a financial service organization.
- 3+ years in a team lead/supervisory management role leading a group of operations specialists or similar teams.
- Direct experience working with debit card disputes.
- Strong understanding of Regulation E, Regulation Z, Visa Dispute Rules and Credit Card servicing Best Practices.
Base salary to $83K DOE
- Ability to lead a diverse project team, manage multiple project tasks concurrently and effectively coordinate and control cross-functional implementation plans.
- Competence required in Microsoft Word and Excel, has a good understanding of Windows and Windows based software.
- Ability to perform in a high-volume environment and meet deadlines while maintaining exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills needed with attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written and oral form, and solve problems independently with a sense of urgency