Orlando, FL 32819
Test Engineering department designs and fabricates equipment to be used in the development and manufacture of tactical hardware. We are seeking individuals who will be fabricating electronic, electro-mechanical assemblies (and sub-assemblies) to Engineering drawings. Fabrication will include the ability to place and solder components on circuit cards and sub-assemblies. The fabrication of wiring harnesses will require connector pinning and de-pinning, and applying mounting hardware. In addition, these lower level assemblies are to be built-up into single, or multi-bay cabinet assemblies, for the delivery to Engineering or Manufacturing Production areas. This position will provide the opportunity for the candidate to work as individual contributor, in a team environment. This would include collaborating with Engineers, and other members of the Fabrication team including other Fabricators, Draftsmen, Procurement, and Quality Inspectors. Daily activity would include not only a fast-paced fabrication environment, but it would also include using several computer based programs that will update job status, Quality Inspections, and Engineering changes.
1. 1-5 years of experience working with electronic equipment fabrication at the assembly and sub assembly level.
2. 1-5 years of experience in wiring, surface mount, and soldering skills.
3. Must be able read and understand mechanical/electrical drawings in order to fabricate complex prototypes.
4. Able to build from a kit and using drawing requirements, prepares items for fabrication, test, and submittal to Quality and then Integration.
5. Able to verify own work thorough use of commercial test equipment. As an example: perform continuity check via the use of a Digital Multi-Meter.
6. Physically able to lift rack and stack instruments with assistance as required.
7. Pass an eye-exam with, or without, corrective lenses.
8. High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical/para-engineering tasks and 1-5 Years of experience.
9. Interpretation and application of ANSI and military specifications.
10. Experience with electrical fabrication.
11. Strong communication, interpersonal, Team Building, and Team Working Skills.
MandatoryElectrical fabrication, electro-mechanical assemblies, wiring harnesses, solder, schematics
Client Relationship Coordinator
Marques joined The Panther Group in 2015. He developed a keen eye for talent which serves both our candidates and clients well!
Fun Fact: He is a big Boston sports fan, and is a season ticket holder for the New England Patriots.